Sunday, 2 September 2012
Mind Your Language - Speak to bridge, reach and build!
I have been musing over the words... Bridge! Reach! Build! as points of focus when we speak. Let our words 'bridge gaps', 'reach people' and 'build minds'. Language whether spoken or written as a source of communication is not a tool we should look to using lightly when conveying our thoughts, messages and ideas.
When you know what you want to say, consider exactly how best you can say it. You are responsible for sending out a message that is clear and concise. You need to consider what you will say or what you have to say and also how you think the recipient(s) will perceive it. To achieve this, it is of utmost importance that we learn to ask ourselves these questions...
What am I saying?
What is my message?
What is the essence of my message?
How do I give expression to my message?
Am I using the best choice of words to convey my message?
What is the language that best suits my message?
There is also a need to consider our audience...
Who am I speaking to?
Who are my listeners?
How best can I reach them?
How will they receive my message?
How will they react to my choice of words?
What will the words I use mean to them?... etc
No matter how 'timely' our message, if we do not convey them in a manner or ways our audience or listeners will gain understanding. We may have only just made noise!
Words conveying our thoughts, message or ideas are not about us but about the people whom they are meant for. They are the ones that matter when we speak.
When God 'The Universal Word Master' spoke to the earth void and without shape, it took form without confusion. The waters didn't surge up to the skies, neither did the fishes think to fly.
Therefore, words and by them our language is very important and not to be used without thought and consideration. We may well argue that we cannot please everyone but we can very well learn to use words such that they.... Bridge gaps... Reach people... and Build minds!
SPICY Chrysalis - Speak. Positively. to Inspire. and Cause. to Yield
June 21st 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment