Tuesday, 28 August 2012

WHAT IS THE PATTERN OF YOUR SELF TALK

Imagine for a moment that you accidentally dropped a pile of papers in a crowded office hall as you hurried in on your way to a crucial meeting and the contents went flying everywhere. What would be your reaction to yourself about the incident?

I bet it may have been more towards the negative than positive, coloured with a touch of embarrassment, frustration, annoyance and maybe even anger! The scenario described  might seem like a simplistic approach but it highlights an indication of the patterns of our spontaneous and reflective expressions towards ourselves unconsciously or subconsciously.

What do you say to yourself about your self?
What conversations do you hold with your self?
What is the quality or pattern of your self talk?
Are they a series of self defamation or self affirmation?

Think about it....

Steven Coogler - "Seek respect mainly from thyself, for it comes first from within."

Jean Shinoda Bolen - "When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life."

These are some of the expressions (self affirmation) I have learned and taught myself to define me...

I am mastering myself.
I am learning.
I am growing.
I am getting better.
I am succeeding.
I am a genius.

I am happy
I am enthusiastic.
I am confident
I am healthy.
I am responsible.
I am improvement.
I am fulfilled.
I am successful in life.

I am good.
I am kind.
I am favoured.
I am appreciated.
I am thankful.
I am gracious.
I am filled with love.
I am loved.

I am cheerful.
I am beautiful.
I am lovely.
I am full of life.
I am joy-full.
I am laughter.
I am a wink.
I am a smile.
I am a gift.

I am productive.
I am positive.
I am expectant.
I am receiving.
I am a blessing.
I am blessed.
I am impact-full

Bobbe Sommer - "Having a low opinion of yourself is not "modesty". It's self-destruction. Holding your uniqueness in high regard is not "egotism". It's a necessary precondition to happiness and success."





SPICY Chrysalis - Speak. Positively. to Inspire. and Cause. to Yield!

July 23rd 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment